Read this blog on my website: www.paulhembree.com

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Four UCSD Composers make NPR's 100 Composers-Under-40 Mix

I just heard from one of our faculty members that four UCSD doctoral composers, Ben Hackbarth, Charlie Wilmoth (who recently graduated), Clint McCallum and Nick Deyoe made NPR's crowd-sourced 100 Composers-Under-40 mix. Also, one of my former mentors at the University of Colorado, Carter Pann, made the list.

The list appears to be fairly eclectic, ranging from ASCAP Morton Gould winners to a number of popular music notables, including Jonny Greenwood and Richard D. James. Tyondai Braxton of Battles was also featured (I certainly have a soft spot for prog-rock), and there was also a connection with the Wet Ink ensemble on the list. Since it was crowd-sourced - I wonder how the word got out about the poll?

NPR: 100 Composers-Under-40

No comments: