Read this blog on my website: www.paulhembree.com

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Leslie Leytham @ Mengi Gallery, Reykjavik, Iceland

I'm very excited to announce that Leslie Leytham will premiere my new Trakl setting, Des Wahnsinns sanfte Flügel (2015), on November 20th, at the Mengi Gallery in Reykjavik, Iceland.



Leslie and I are from the same UC San Diego 2009 graduate student cohort, and it is shameful that I took so long to compose her a piece.  Des Wahnsinns sanfte Flügel uses fragments of my earlier Trakl setting, Passion (2009), as source material for the electronics.  Passion was premiered by our classmate Meghann Welsh, mezzo soprano (and now accordion virtuoso), along with Ariana Lamon-Anderson (clarinets), Dustin Donahue (percussion), and Mark Dresser (bass).  You can preview some of the electronics below.



No comments: